For those of you who spent Mother's day patching Microsoft products and updating Anti-Virus my heart goes out to you. Patches and Updates are part of a routine that stops countless variants of malware every day and this was a wake up call for most organizations to make it a habit. But this process needs to exist in 2017. Many things are no longer true about devices, networks and applications:
- 1 - Not all devices are connected to your network
- 2 - Not all devices run enterprise configurations, some are BYOD
- 3 - Not all systems are in your datacenter, some our cloud or partner systems
- 4 - Not all devices are Windows Systems
When confronted with these facts many administrators will look for tools for the individual problem. At some point in formulating strategy you compartmenatilize these problems in categories and before long you start to draw artificial lines around products and how they deal with new issues.
At some point you'll see all available security products in your strategy as leaves on the "Cybersecurity Tree of Life" below:
Do you need all of this? What should I do first? How do these integrate? Is there a cheaper way to get this done? Can I do it all from one vendor? How hard would this be to implement? Will new products come up outside these categories?
- You, right now.
There's a reason we made a Cybersecurity Platform at IntelliGO. It's because we've been managing security for large organizations for 12 years and needed a way to quantify our security posture to customers who may have had none or all of these products. WannaCrypt0r (WannaCry) is a good example of understanding our approach because you need to prevent, detect and remediate in the event of this attack. So how would IntelliGO help?
- 1 - Prevent - IntelliGO checks the hygiene (Patches, Anti-Malware status are Backups taken of the system) of all devices on the network. Many of our customers needed to know this over the weekend and could get it quickly from us, without digging through multiple consoles and writing scripts.
- 2 - Detect - Using information about the malware Like this our team can create reports across endpoint, network and cloud systems to determine if the attack is in progress somewhere in the environment
- 3 - Remediate - We can control devices, network connections or send messages to other systems. If something is happening we can isolate it to avoid spreading
- 4 - Inform - We don't just make technology, we offer it as a managed service. It's our team that provides advice, tools and integrations that continually informs our clients of these types of protections. Not just the ones in the news.
This allows a good starting point for customers who want to know how they're doing. Maybe you have a firewalls, directory and Anti-Malware. Maybe you don't. In any case you need to understand the issues that your environment faces across all systems and respond. That's what our platform and service does: